Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thyroid Fun Returns

After I delivered Faith, the 35 pounds that I had gained literally fell off of my in a couple of weeks. Probably, due to the pumping, staying up close to 24 hours a day, and not having much time to eat. Faith was born with bad colic. I think I was nutty for about three months because at the most I would go on was a couple hours of sleep. I was so tired, that I was too tired to sleep, when I had the opportunity to sleep. Then I started gaining the weight back, and I was hardly eating. So, I finally went into the Dr and was diagnosed with a thyroid problem. Well, it didn't end with medication. The Dr., also found I had Hashimoto disease. For those who don't know what it is. Hashimoto, is when you body tries to kill your thyroid. The results are inflammation, constantly freezing, depression, along with aches and pains. I guess about 1% or so get this after giving birth.

So, the DR was feeling around and said I need to get an ultrasound done because he felt something. It turned out I had a few really big nodules. I had to go through torture with having HUGE needles stuck in my neck to withdrawal fluid and not knowing if I had cancer or not. Well, when the call finally came the results were annoying. They didn't get a great sample and would have to go back in there again. I cried, because it's one of the grossest procedures. Now, I can't even have anyone touch my neck. So, I went through it for a second time and I thought heading to Vegas with Matt would distract me. Not so much, because the panic attacks were winning.

It ended up that I didn't have cancer.

Lately, I've been feeling like the nodule has grown since I feel it when I swallow. I went yesterday for an ultrasound. They wanted to see my old records right away, not good! I really don't want to go through all of this again. I keep telling myself everything is going to be fine! Don't worry until there is reason to worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment