Thursday, January 20, 2011

Funny Things & Too Much

Sometimes it feels like everything happens at once. It started with having to rip the tile out of the bathroom, due to mold and rotting. The person that previously owned the home did not seal the grout. So, 7 days without a shower equals a grumpy Mommy, and Daddy. I did enjoy taking baths. I love feeling devoured by warm water, since I'm always freezing. It looks great now, even though it's the same as before. It is all shiny and clean looking.

Matt and I, were getting ready to go to the movies, and dinner. Which is rare, since we don't get to go out alone too often. The van refused to start. After, dealing with the horrid bathroom situation all week. I just broke down laughing. What else could I do? Laugh or cry? I choose laughter. So, $400 dollars later. Plus, money spent on the bathroom, dentist appointments (no dental insurance), car insurance, and my sweet vacuum Dyson needing a repair. It's been kind of a crazy month. It can only get better ;)

Faith cracks me up. She is only in second grade and is always boasting about how popular she is. So, I asked her why are you so popular? "Mom, it's because the other girls that are popular like me aren't as interesting." My reply was what makes you so interesting compared to everyone else? "Well, I took my shoes off in class to show everyone that I have turtle toes. Also, I'm a purple belt, and know secret Ninja moves."

I nearly choked. I didn't know that all of the popularity drama starts at such a young age. Actually, it's sad. It's like they have their own social status at age 8? Maybe, it's because they need to feel they belong? I don't know the answer, but her words make me laugh. When Faith was a baby her toes would separate so far when she was relaxed, so I nicknamed her turtle toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment